Friday 20 September 2013

Leipzig. And one seriously scary Chinese guy.

One thing I noticed about Europe is that whilst supermarkets may open at 0700, shops don't open until 1000. Which many I'd have to wait till then to go and get new inner tubes! Just to be on the safe side I got four, one to replace the dead one and three more to be safe.

Unfortunately my D-Lock that I had been lugging around had seized up and no amount of WD40 was going to help. So whilst at the bike shop I got a new lock, a cable one this time. Hopefully I won't have any problems with that one!

I decided to stay another night at the hostel and when I went back to the room there was a half naked Chinese guy fixing his hold all.

I said hello, nothing. So I went and replaced the tyre and when I went back to the room he was talking to someone on the phone. Well I say the phone, he had his headphones plugged into his laptop so I assumed he was on Skype or something.

The previous night I was rather restless so wanted to catch up on my sleep, but I couldn't with that guy talking. What I found weird was that he was talking in English, so why he never said anything to me is beyond me.

Anyway, with not being able to sleep I decided to go look around Leipzig. A really nice city but without anyone with me I got bored did some shopping and went back again to the hostel. This time going into the communal room. I watched about 5 episodes of ‘How I Met Your Mother' (in German) and ate a lot of junk food!

Getting late, I had dinner and went back to my room. The Chinese guy wasn't there but the guy who was there the previous night and a new guy were.

The new guy asked me if the Chinese guy was still talking to himself. I was gob smacked, I genuinely thought he was on the phone and as if on cue he burst through the door jumped into his top bunk bed and went on his laptop. Talking. To himself.

I'm not going deny by this point I was a little scared. Even more so now that I started to listen into what he was saying. He kept cycling through various subjects: How he beat up a guy in Aberdeen thinking he was a “spy"; how he got into a fight in Cardiff after two “spies" jumped him; that he linked to religious radicals back in Beijing, but how could he be a religiously radical if he was gay; how no one speaks Chinese but expect him to speak English, or German; how he had a degree in Britain revoked due to plagiarism; how he hated Canada because he got into a fight with someone and “almost squeezed his eye out" until Canadian cops turned up.

I can't remember everything he went on about but needless to say, I slept with one eye open.

No comments:

Post a Comment